Well, if you wanna take the time to read all this [Linked Image]

here is my 20 minutes of fame...

Friday started out late, left the motel shortly after nine, picked up some McDonalds, and headed out to NRP. 225 racers all waiting for a run. Staging lanes are full!! I put $10 worth of 110 octane leaded race gas in the tank (it was empty). Hop in line, and while we wait a grey 1g hits the wall [Linked Image] 45 minute later I finally get a run.

Good launch, hit 2nd, hit third...then POP...dash lights up, car shuts off...I run a 14.1 @ 84 mph and have a heart attack. Car won't start. Check the t-belt, its ok. Try cranking it again, nope. Check the fuel pump rewire fuse...its blown, and melted. MacGyver it back together. Hit the pits and fix it a bit more permanently. Hit the lanes again...now its eliminations time. But not for my class [Linked Image]

I wait for them to call DS Eliminator. I line up and run a 12.9 @107 on 20psi ( I also won that race!). Back in the 12's was what I was hoping for! I zip off the track grounds and head for the side street at the back of the track. A couple of 3rd gear pulls and a crank of the EVC...24psi yeah BABY!. Hop back in the staging lanes as they called us up again.
I stage against Jon Stough (old FWD guy, now owns an AWD). He beats me off the line (I hate pro trees) and keeps it till the end. Grab my timeslip (12.7 @109) but the lady says there was a problem with Jon's lane, it didn't record a time...so we have to run again.
We stage, and I get him off the line, and hold it all the way!!! another 12.7 [Linked Image] I'm happy that lady luck smiled on me.

Next round, I have to run one of the guys who works at Buschur's. Steve and I have almost identical mods. He is a good guy, we shake hands and stage. I figure he would spank me...as he had just dynoed the day before (~370 at the wheels). Another good 5000rpm stutterbox launch...and I got him! 12.54 @110. I am now in the finals!! of DS eliminator! I'm like...WTF? [Linked Image] but smiling.

Final round was against Mike Rizzotti. He had run a personal best of 11.65 earlier in the day, so I know 2nd is all I'm gonna get. While waiting in the staging lanes for our turn, I pop the hood and draw a crowd. I love that sh!t! Some guys ask me if I could pop the hatch. Sure thing! I open it to show off the computer, the aluminum toolbox, fire extinguisher, sub box (LOL) These guys are freaking...why is all that sh!t in your car while your racing? LOL, why would I wanna take it out tongue

so its now our turn to run...we stage. I launch good, get him off the line, hit 2nd, 3rd, 4th and he is no where to be seen so I carry on to win!!!

I won DS Eliminator!!!!!!

Turns out Mike busted his T-case...oh well, thats racing.

so ca.dsm.org is the new home of the 2001 DS Eliminator champ.

sh!t luck, maybe but I'm very happy to have a trophy for drag racing for a change [Linked Image]

Nothing Broke, all is well, and the car is hauling ass...too bad my shifting sucks! I know there is an 11 in this setup, but not with me driving it tongue

here is a link to the pick from the final round
http://thetick.eagletalon.net/pics/Shootout%202001/Friday/PPG%20vs%20Talon.jpg

------------------
PurplePlymouthGuy
1992 Laser AWD
Chirp THIS!!
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Mark PPG Scheitzbach (edited July 23, 2001).]

Own a BlackBerry?
Check out www.allaboutmybb.com
Twitter @allaboutmybb

Twitter @MarkPPG