Originally Posted by Mike Eng
I can't say I would ever purposely drive the eclipse in the rain. Although I have been caught in it many times. I suspect any tire with tread blocks that direct water away as well as have some sort of sipe to their design, should perform well enough for my type of driving.

But you bring up a good point Salomon. I average 10,000 - 15,000kms per season.

Still no one with any Nitto experience huh?

I know of quite a few people with experience using the Nitto NT01 but that's a 100 Treadwear street legal R-Comp. Nitto has had some pretty good feedback in the past but a lot has changed in the past 4 or 5 years and so I can't really comment.

20-30k is a decent amount of mileage so I can see why you'd want something with higher treadwear rating.

Honestly, with that much mileage I'd say get a set of rims with something like a Hankook RS-3 or Ventus Z214 (R-Comp) on it for track fun (RS-3 would be better for you because you can drive to/from the track on them safely - even if it rains) and then another set with something that is high performance but much higher treadwear. You'll have probably end up not needing to replace either set for 4 years or so, at minimum and you won't be sacrificing in either category (performance or durability) just to try and meet a set of very specific requirements.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph