Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
I will say that blackberry flow is cool and having certain things for work and certain things for personal is cool. I will say that I hope they have it setup so that everything that is work is through VPN and then personal is through non vpn connection. If not it's not as amazing as the same could be achieved through skins.

As I understood it from today, when a BlackBerry 10 device is registered with BES 10, it is split into two partitions (use the same physical volume, but is secured vs each other) - Personal and Work. Personal, at launch, IT has no control over. Work is able to be locked as you would currently with BES. If it is a BYOD environment and it is an employee's phone, you can still set it up attached to BES and if they leave, you can wipe the Work partition leaving the Personal 100% intact. At launch, it won't work vice versa, if you wipe the Personal, it wipes the Work too. Neat thing is it tracks everything the Work side has done, photos, downloads, etc... and wipes it all. Q2 will have an update to allow hardware control via BES and to setup a phone purely on BES - Work partition only (for company issued devices for example).

So short answer, yes, it is setup as Work partition is attached to the BES and Personal is not. The only place there is a somewhat crossover is 'Hub'. It displays stuff from both partitions on the one screen.

Last edited by Andrew Trapp; January 16, 2013 10:42 pm UTC.