i been thinking... since i do brain dead work biulding headlamps for a domestic automotive supplier, and watch quality standards get thrown out the window all the time. something you wont see at toyota in cambridge.

and this is what i came up with.

the magnus motor in thier article was fully rebiult and biult.. which to means the block was cleaned very well. plus it prolly was running really good oil and filter. i dont believe dirty clogged sqirters killed that engine. but it was just a theory.. a thoery that saved magnus a tone of money.

when the 2g motors started being biult, they started suffering from cankwalk so bad that it became an epidemic.. a stereotype.. even more so then the dreaded timing belt issues dsms been haveing for years already. but you rarely hear about it anymore. it happens but not nearly as much as it did the first 10years the 2g was around. if it was the squirters clogging up. then it wuld still be happeneing alot and here wouldnt be many of these motors left. but there is.. dirty abused 2g 7bolts running around with no signs of crank walk.

amercan manufactures are known for slacking off on a friday or hiring careless emloyees willing to work for peanuts. if there were many motors biult with less car then the standards expected,, then eventually the shotty motors will eventually all destroy them selves leaving the well biult ones still running.

maybe raising the oil pressure on the crank fixed the out of spec standards who knows but the only real way to know is if we checked the motor before it walked but we would have to know its gonna walk before it does.

11.45@125,
stock bottom end 6bolt 2g head.
272 hks cams.
Holset hx35
Backyard biult!!