Originally Posted by Jakub Kowalczyk

AllState might be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Yes, but here's a story that goes to the nature of what you put up with. I don't know your personal way of dealing with the company you were with, Jakub, but here's my experience.

I had my silver Talon backed into. I took it to CarStar, and they said "Oh, about $1800 to fix it". I was with TD Insurance at the time, so I called them and expressed my concern at having them paint a silver car, as the colour is tough to match. TD told me that I should make it clear to the dealer that I would not take the car back, or have TD pay them, until I was happy.

The guy requotes for $3400 (doesn't matter to me at all, I'm not paying) and blends the paint like you wouldn't believe. All because I said "Look, I will make sure you're not paid until I'm happy and I talked to the Insurance company ahead of time".

The company that put that door in didn't do a good enough job, and I'm not sure you should have settled. You should have called AllState and said that you were unhappy with the service and don't feel your car is complete until that door looks right. Then again, if you felt it was you vs. the Insurance Company (due to poor customer service), you may not have felt you had the chance to do so. But we'll have to hear what Grant thinks about this issue.

The moment a turbo spools, all your dreams are made possible.