Originally Posted by Andrew Trapp
You mentioned early you bought it from a used car dealership...now you mention it was a private deal...which one is it?

Andrew, i found the car on Kijiji so it was a private sale. I was looking into financing through my bank. The seller said that he can try to get it done through the dealership. I went to Autopark and talked to them and they said that they could treat the car as a trade in and do the financing for me. So i guess the correct answer to that question is both.

Now i went home last night and spent alot of time stewing over this. I looked at the oil again and it does not appear to be any worse then oils i have drained from my Eclipse. sure its black but its used. Isnt it always black? There was no sludge build up or anything.

So i guess its just an easy out from Mitsu to say well the oil was dirty so you clearly never changed the oil. I looked into the 3rd party and their stance is if Mitsu will not warranty it because of poor maintenance then they will not either.

As for the place i bought it I have no beef with them. They did me a favor and did not mark up the car on me. They really only brokered the deal for me. They did a certification for me but of course that does not include checking the oil. Autopark only had my car for a few hours once the deal was ready to go. The previous owner is a mechanic and still to this point swears that he did the oil change before handing it over to them. I guess I still should have done it but to be honest i am not 100% sure that he didn’t do it and this is just an easy cop out from a dealership. Really it comes down to my word vs their trained technician so I don’t have a leg to stand on.

99 Eclipse GST RIP
08 Evolution GSR 440HP/410TQ
11.96 @ 116 MPH(more to come)