What a different a 15 minute drive makes!! So i went into Dixie Mitsubishi and talked to Evan the Sr Service advisor.

I explained to him that i purchased my car 2 months ago and that my timing chain appears to have stretched. I then went on to say that unfortunately i do not have any service records as i bought the car used. He said that its tough without records but i would need to bring the car in. He would try to leverage the 3rd party warranty if he needed to.

I then went on to ask him about any mods. I told him that my car had an exhaust and Erin mills said that it had void my warranty. He told me that was not the case and some dealerships are extreme regarding that. He said i could even install an intake if i want. He has serviced lots of cars with bolt ons. Now with that being said if you are having an issue and you pull in with a cold air intake he will advise you to take the part off and put on the oem part and see if you still experience the same issue. If so then he will fix it. If the part is totally unrelated like your transmission is giving you trouble he will not point to your intake.

He told me that exhaust or cat have nothing to do with a timing chain so that wouldnt even be reported to Mitsu head office.

Well while we were there he went to check my vin to see if i had any outstanding recalls. When he pulled up my vin there was a big flag alert that came up. It was posted by Erin Mills Mitsu and stated that i had no cat and that i had an aftermarket intake installed. WTF? I had a highflow cat and I had the OEM intake on. Not sure why they are going out of their way to stick it to me but I will be sure to NEVER as much as buy parts from Erin Mills and hope that some of you can learn from my experience there and do the same.

I also called Markham mitsu and told them I have an ultimate racing exhaust and cat and Erin mills denied me. They told me they have a UR exhaust hanging on the wall to show customers options but they no longer sell them.

So the lesson here is make sure you pick a dealer that will not stand off right from the get go. For all you lightly modded cars out there now you know NEVER take your car to Erin Mills. Drive 10 mins north, hit the 401 and go east to Dixie Mitsu.

99 Eclipse GST RIP
08 Evolution GSR 440HP/410TQ
11.96 @ 116 MPH(more to come)