Lol Manuel. Yeah, probably should get moved since we've hi-jacked your thread. Maybe the discussion will peak some more interest in a GB.

I've slowly started to make <some> progress on my 'aero to-do list' but what I have to get done before April is:

- 1ga composite hood (just started sanding the plug for the mould tonight)
- 1g composite bumper/air dam
- 1g composite splitter (have the cardboard template ready)
- 1ga diffuser
- 1g side skirts

The 1g bumper splits the air stream in two locations and only the bottom location, which doesn't provide much real estate, will provide any downforce on a splitter. My feeling is that a 1g splitter will only require a mild diffuser to balance it out.

The other thing I started wondering about how the pitch and roll will affect the function of the side skirts. Once you start letting high pressure air under the car in the middle of high speed turn at maximum compression, are you going to experience a noticable loss of aero grip? Same with accel/decel, the pitch change on the splitter will generate more front grip under braking which will mess up the brake balance at the same time the rear diffuser loses some effect. Under acceleration squat, a flat bottom will trap air under the car and tend to 'lift' it. If you don't put enough rake in your suspension set-up it would be noticable at high speeds depending on your spring rates & power.

Anyway, some things to think about in your sleep.

I'm also waiting on rules for 2009 to be issued for Autoslalom, SoloSprint, SCCA Solo, and CSCS since I have to make sure all my aero mods meet all the requirements.