The earlier post was going from memory, I was out by $6 on the 225/50R16 size, they'd originally told me $147.

But I called today to find out if they were available yet, and apparently they are now in stock in their Ontario warehouses. But now the price is $9/tire more than what they'd said a month ago. Install & balance is included, mind you, but still, it's not good business to change the quoted price.

There is another thing, those sizes come in 2 speed ratings, Z (to 149 mph) and W (to 168 mph), and obviously the W-rated tire is going to be more expensive than the Z-rated tire. Better get that clear when you are talking to the tire store sales people.

I called the place where I got a great deal on my Firehawk SZ50's last year, to see what price they could get me on the Kumhos. I'll post back when I have a price.

FWIW, the SZ50's are a great tire and I really like them. Very quiet, very responsive, very good in dry/wet (don't even *think* about snow, though [Linked Image] ). They lasted me nearly 30K kms and still have some tread left, which is remarkable for a tire rated 220 treadwear. If you can get a good price on them, go for it!

------------------
Marta
90 Eclipse GSX
92 Talon TSi AWD
http://www.geocities.com/dsmgrrrl