DSM run Dustball

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

DSM run Dustball - September 13, 2020 10:56 pm UTC

Hey guys,

As car enthusiast, would anyone ever be interested in doing a long road trip with DSMs/Evos in Ontario even perhaps further? Kind of like a Dustball run? Enjoying cars/sights/mountain roads and beautiful scenery?

I've always wanted to do one on our own backyard. Wondering if anyone else ever had that itch

Maybe not this year, but next would definitely work (covid stuff now makes it limited)

Something in the likes of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=646T_oJNOyo Not here to get tickets, just a fun joy ride with friends exploring cars and Canada roads.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 14, 2020 01:53 am UTC

We’ve done a few of those “DSM invasions”
The last one was from the GTA to Prince Edward County. Must have been ten years ago. Great times! Again? Yes please!
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 18, 2020 01:21 am UTC

Oh damn Rob, last invasion I organized we started around Milton and did some nice roads all the way to ancaster than drove to cayuga from there.

Gui, I really love the idea but it's hard for me to get away for that long and even harder to finish my car lol. If I can have my car finished, I will do my best to get it going!
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 18, 2020 01:55 am UTC

Ah yes, the Cayuga ones. It’s still been too long!
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 20, 2020 07:52 pm UTC

Yup you have time Bryan, I'm thinking more next year. I want to finish the 2nd DSM and the first, possibly get a buddy to drive one of them on the trip. That'll give you time.

I do want to go to PEI actually laugh
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 21, 2020 09:59 am UTC

We eastern guys were talking about doing a drag week. But I don't think we would get enough support to get enough tracks for us to race 5 days in a row

We would need sponsers and I don't think the platform has that much pull in Canada.. I mean common. There's a 20 year old girl the states doing better than all of us. Lal.

But a criuse with a drag event at the end. And maybe a party. That might be interesting.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 21, 2020 11:50 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
We eastern guys were talking about doing a drag week. But I don't think we would get enough support to get enough tracks for us to race 5 days in a row

We would need sponsers and I don't think the platform has that much pull in Canada.. I mean common. There's a 20 year old girl the states doing better than all of us. Lal.

But a criuse with a drag event at the end. And maybe a party. That might be interesting.

It would have to be open to all street cars to work, there aren't enough DSMs to make it work.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: DSM run Dustball - September 21, 2020 04:18 pm UTC

Sounds like a great idea! Hope you can get the support you need....
© 2024 Club DSM Canada